Re: Postgresql INSTALL-file & Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: Postgresql INSTALL-file & Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > > I'm going to try to whip up some precompiled binaries for it too,
> > > tomorrow. Perhaps we should put a blurb in about that?
> > Byron has some compiled binaries for Win32
> > ODBC, and I might post compiled binaries for Linux ODBC,
> > There probably should
> > be a win32 directory of some sort on the ftp site.
> There is a /pub/non-unix on the ftp server, which now only contains
> "os2". Perhaps create a subdir for "win32" in there, or something?

OK, Marc, do you have a preferred layout for where various kinds of
binaries or other distribution packages should go?

Right now there is:
 bindist - Solaris v6.3 binaries non-unix/os2 - OS2 v6.3 client-side binaries odbc - win32 odbc source and binaries

> I'll be working on the binaries soon. Where should I put them once
> done? Mail to you, or somebody? Can't find any incoming directory on
> the ftp... No idea to put in anything in the docs before we can say
> where it is located...

Magnus is building some WIN32 client-side binaries and needs a place to
put them.

So I just created: doc - tar files of daily builds of current html documentation .incoming - world-writable file
dropoff

I have no write privileges in /pub/non-unix, so could not add a win32
directory. Also, I noticed that there are still some ".old" directories
in /home/projects/pgsql/ftp/www/html/docs, which I had renamed a long
time ago since I did not have delete privileges for the original
directories and files but was able to rename them. These should be
deleted.

Anyway, let me know what you would prefer, and if you want me to set it
up perhaps you can chmod/chown the ftp and html/docs directories to
allow me to make the changes.

TIA
                      - Tom