Re: [DOCS] lyx and sgml - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [DOCS] lyx and sgml
Date
List pgsql-docs
> Good.  Seems like a natural.  I will keep my eyes on it.  lyx really
> seems like an amazing word processor.   Like troff, but for X windows,
> and more flexible.
> Because most of my stuff is only a few pages, troff works just fine,
> Certainly the PostgreSQL docs are too large for a troff-only project,
> but I can see lyx handling it nicely.

I haven't actually run lyx (since it didn't support my toolset), but had
subscribed to their mailing list for quite a while to stay in touch with
it. afaik it is a wysiwyg text entry application, and it would use sgml
tags both internally and as the markup for output docs. So we would
still use jade to generate our production output.
               - Tom