Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC example is not working with Kaffe 1.0b3 - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Constantin Teodorescu
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC example is not working with Kaffe 1.0b3
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Peter T Mount wrote:

> It looks like Kaffe is having problems with it's IO. I have Redhat 5.2
> here, so I'll try it's Kaffe, and see if it has the same problem.
> Which one of the examples are you using?

I am using a simple program derived from example basic.java.

There are no significant changes inside, just the database name, name of
table and fields and maybe their types.
But the main idea is the same. Create a table, put some records inside
and select them.

I am attaching the java source to this e-mail. You should replace
"contabil" database name with your own.
Just a moment please, I want to verify if the original basic example is
working with kaffe.

SURPRISE !!!! The original basic.java is working good also with jdk
1.1.7 and with kaffe !!!!
But why it crashes with my program ? This would be more interesting to
see it!

It's 10:30 in Romania. C ya in 1999 !
I wish you  A Happy New Year to all of you !

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIAimport java.io.*;

public class dbt
{
  Connection db;
  Statement  st;

  public dbt(String args[]) throws ClassNotFoundException, FileNotFoundException, IOException, SQLException
  {

    Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");
    db = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:contabil", "postgres", "postgres");
    st = db.createStatement();
    cleanup();
    doexample();
    //cleanup();
    System.out.println("Now closing the connection");
    st.close();
    db.close();
  }

  public void cleanup()
  {
    try {
      st.executeUpdate("drop table teste");
    } catch(Exception ex) {
      // We ignore any errors here
    }
  }

  public void doexample() throws SQLException
  {
    System.out.println("\nRunning tests:");

    st.executeUpdate("create table teste (id int2,nume text)");

    st.executeUpdate("insert into teste values (1,'vasile')");
    st.executeUpdate("insert into teste values (2,'ion')");
    st.executeUpdate("insert into teste values (3,'gelu')");

    System.out.println("performing a query");
    //ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery("select * from teste");
    System.out.println("Facem selectul ...");
    ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery("select nume from teste");
    System.out.println("L-am facut");
    if(rs!=null) {
      while(rs.next()) {
    //int a = rs.getInt("id");
    String b = rs.getString(1);
    //System.out.println("  id="+a+" nume="+b);
    System.out.println("nume="+b);
      }
      rs.close();
    }
  }

  public static void main(String args[])
  {
    // Now run the tests
    try {
      dbt test = new dbt(args);
    } catch(Exception ex) {
      System.err.println("Exception caught.\n"+ex);
      ex.printStackTrace();
    }
  }
}