[pgadmin-hackers] First time launch as simple user (improvement needed) - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Bruno Friedmann
Subject [pgadmin-hackers] First time launch as simple user (improvement needed)
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
In packaged world, the user will have a pgAdmin4.desktop file to be able to
run it from normal menus.

I've just tested a full fresh install on user system, and if it is run from
graphical environnement, nobody will see the console output
The configuration database - '/ioda/home/bruno/.pgadmin/pgadmin4.db' does not
exist.
Entering initial setup mode...
NOTE: Configuring authentication for SERVER mode.
    Enter the email address and password to use for the initial pgAdmin user
account:

Email address: LOGIN CALLBACK in libCVP11LCB: CK_RV
CB_Initialize(CK_CONTEXT_PTR, CK_C_INITIALIZE_ARGS_PTR, CK_ULONG_PTR)
Initial connection failed. Retrying in 2 seconds.
Initial connection failed. Retrying in 3 seconds.
Initial connection failed. Retrying in 4 seconds.
Initial connection failed after multiple attempts. Aborting.

The console is "polluated" by the graphical engine, leading to a confused
user.

What or how can the situation be improved to be able to send pgAdmin4 to
"dumb" end-users ?

Who can I blame for having a setup for font size (in editor super) and not the
rest of the interface ... see attachment on my external hidpi (192dpi) screen.
I can't imagine the hassle to live with so small fonts on the internal laptop
screen at 288dpi :-)))

Last things I found strange is the connection to
CLOSE-WAIT 1      0      10.26.8.2:43718              192.0.73.2:443
users:(("pgAdmin4",pid=11818,fd=109))
the ip point to automattic inc (automattic.com)

I don't know what it does, nor the purpose for that, but I'm afraid to have to
give an anwser to openSUSE security team if they digg in, and also to
suspicious users.

Thanks for your comments (flames?) and suggestions.

--

Bruno Friedmann
 Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch