Re: Improving Availability - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guido Neitzer
Subject Re: Improving Availability
Date
Re: Improving Availability
List pgsql-general
On 14.12.2005, at 16:46 Uhr, Richard Huxton wrote:

> I'd be tempted to look at pgpool sitting between your application
> and the database, and then replication from the one machine to the
> other.

Right, I thought the same, BUT: I have two application servers (one
on each machine) connecting to a network URL via JDBC. When pgpool is
involved, I assume it only runs on one server, right?

Or can I have pgpool running on both servers, each knowing about the
two servers and the applications just connect to "localhost"?

cug

Attachment