Re: [GENERAL] How can I obtain tables' structure? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Mookhachov
Subject Re: [GENERAL] How can I obtain tables' structure?
Date
List pgsql-general
"Jackson, DeJuan" wrote:

> > > How can I obtain information about tables' structure and list of
> > tables
> > > using psql.lib or Pg.pm (perl package)?
> >
> >       all you have to do is to make a request likt this :
> > 'select * from <table>' ($req = $cbase->exec ('select * from table'))
> I'd use 'select * from <table> where false'. It save the table scan and

Well. I use same way. But may be I can do "select" from some system table?
There are several tables called pg_*. They contain miscellaneous information,
but I can't understand it.

Paul E Mookhachov                  paul@pmfd.ru
System administrator of            phone: +7 /812/ 329-8102
St-Petersburg Interbank            St-Petersbirg
Financial House                    B.Zelenina st, 24