Re: simulate multiple primary keys - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hartman, Matthew
Subject Re: simulate multiple primary keys
Date
List pgsql-general
Just create a unique constraint on all of the columns.

Matthew Hartman
Programmer/Analyst
Information Management, ICP
Kingston General Hospital
(613) 549-6666 x4294

-------------+--------------------------------+-------------------------
> ---------------------------------------
>    jobclock_id | integer                        | not null default
> nextval('jobclock_jobclock_id_seq'::regclass)
>    employee_id | integer                        | not null
>    machine_id  | character varying(4)           | not null
>    workorder   | character varying(8)           | not null
>    operation   | integer                        | not null
>    bartype     | character varying(10)          | not null
>    clockin     | timestamp(0) without time zone | not null
>    clockout    | timestamp(0) without time zone | default
NULL::timestamp
> without time zone
>    comments    | character varying(255)         | default
NULL::character