Re: NEED RPM FILE OF LATEST POSTGRE supported for AIX 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: NEED RPM FILE OF LATEST POSTGRE supported for AIX 7.2
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 1:12 AM Amit Regmi <amitregmi111@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Got below error while configure postgre on AIX 7.2

> Can you share your configure line, postgresql version, compiler and
> version, and the configure logs that might have clues to explain
> what's wrong?

Note that we do have a buildfarm animal that's still successfully
testing on AIX 7.2 [1].  There is a lot of stuff in its configuration
that you wouldn't want to duplicate because it's just for debugging.
The only thing I see in a quick glance that looks like it might affect
"can you get through a bare-bones configure" is

                 'CC' => '/opt/IBM/xlc/16.1.0/bin/xlc_r -D_LARGE_FILES=1',

So if you're trying to use gcc (which is configure's default) you
might have better luck with IBM's compiler.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=hoverfly&dt=2023-03-28%2015%3A31%3A48