Re: rules regression test failed on mingw - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: rules regression test failed on mingw
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Jaime Casanova" <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> writes:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> What it looks like is that the locale is intentionally sorting h after k
>> (or more likely the rule is ch after ck).  My Spanish is just about gone
>> ... is that a sane behavior at all?

> not at all... where can i check those rules?

Well, one thing you should try is
select 'wieck'::text < 'wiech'::text;select 'wieck'::text > 'wiech'::text;

just to confirm whether the comparisons are actually working that way
or we've got some other issue.  You could also try initdb'ing in other
locales to see if the behavior changes.

I have no idea how to poke into the internals of Windows' locale
definitions.