How to see created users ? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From M.-A. DARCHE
Subject How to see created users ?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

    I run PostgreSQL v 6.3 on a Debian 2.0 GNU/Linux.
    As the databases administrator (also root) is there a way
    to see all the users that have been created with the
    "createuser" command ? Is it also possible to know what
    king of privileges those users have (such as database
    creation/deletion) ?

    In /var/postgres/data I have the following files :
     - pg_shadow
     - pg_pwd
     - pg_group
    and others

    I guess the information lies there, but those files
    are encrypted like shadow password encryption it seems.
    What tool should I use to access information ?
    If such a tool doesn't exist (I don't know) will it
    soon be available ?

Regards,

 Marc-Aurèle DARCHE -- darche@esiea.fr, membre fondateur de l'AFUL
  AFUL : Association Francophone des Utilisateurs de LINUX

 *** http://www.aful.org ***

 Marc-Aurèle DARCHE -- darche@esiea.fr, founder member of the AFUL
  AFUL : French-speaking LINUX Users' Association