pgsql.sh - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jonah Kuo
Subject pgsql.sh
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

First of all, I apologize if this has been discussed before.

I have this startup script 'pgsql.sh' on my FreeBSD-3.0 system,
everything goes fine except I can't have error messages send to
the file I specified in this script

#!/bin/sh
[ -x /tmp/.s.PGSQL.* ] && rm -f /tmp/.s.PGSQL.*
[ -x /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster ] && {
        su -l postgres -c 'exec
    /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster
    -D/usr/local/pgsql/data
    -S -o -F > /usr/local/pgsql/errlog' &
    echo -n ' pgSQL'
}

There was an /usr/local/pgsql/errlog opened, and the error messages are
always
send to console  regardless of specifying '-S' option or not.

Is there anybody encountered this before? any help would be grateful.

Jonah