Re: What is "return code" for WAL send command - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What is "return code" for WAL send command
Date
List pgsql-general
zhong ming wu <mr.z.m.wu@gmail.com> writes:
> postgres user has both rsync and ssh in its path but is it possible
> that it is not using $PATH ?

> One other thing is that just before the error the postgres was
> restarted by other admin with rc.d/postgresql command
> instead of pg_ctl which is what I normally use.  Perhaps
> rc.d/postgresql command does not work well with WAL sending command?

I'd bet that the other way failed to start the postmaster with the
expected value of $PATH.  Take a close look at the script and see
if it causes postgres' login environment to be installed or not
(ie, su -l not just su).

            regards, tom lane