Inheritance - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From anil
Subject Inheritance
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi All,

I have a fields for customer:

cusId     int4             - customer ID Unique number
cusName text           - Customer Name
cusPrice    int4          - Customer pricing scheme
cusAdd    text            - Customer Address
cusCity    text             - customer city
cusProv  text             - Customer city
cusZip     text             - Customer zip

I am using first three fields on a order window lot and I use all fields

on the customer information Window.
if i create two tables::
table scustomer  -> (cusid    int4 primary key, cusName text, cus
cusPrice)

 lcustomer          -> (cusAdd    text , cusCity    text, cusProv  text
,cusZip     text ) inherits (scustomer)

so I could use

select cusId,cusName,cusPrice from lcustomer;
or
select *  from from scustomer*;

which query is going to faser???? or is there anyway that I insert some
rows into lcustomer table and get result on corrosponding fields on
scustomer table??

I have tried this:
insert into lcustomer(1234,'My
customer',10,'Myaddress',Mycity','Myprov','Myzip');

select * from lcustomer;
1234    |     My customer    |    10    |    Myaddress    |    Mycity
|    Myprov    |    Myzip

select * from scustomer;
zero rows;

select * from scustomer*;
1234    |     My customer    |    10

what do you mean by - Append (cost=0.0 size=0 width=0) on the out put of
explain select * from scustomer*;

Thank you

Anil