Re: initdb faild to initialize full text search dictionaries - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: initdb faild to initialize full text search dictionaries
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Les <nagylzs@gmail.com> writes:
> The last command "apt install -y postgresql-15" gives this error:

> Building PostgreSQL dictionaries from installed myspell/hunspell packages...
>   hu_hu
> iconv: illegal input sequence at position 131
> ERROR: Conversion of /usr/share/hunspell/hu_HU.aff failed

Sadly, I do not think any of the moving parts there are under the PG
project's control.  We certainly can't fix problems in either hunspell
or iconv, and even the fact that iconv is being applied during install
is not something the core project does.  I gather that this is
something the Debian packaging of postgres is attempting, so I'd
suggest taking it up with those packagers.  It's possible that it's
something easy like they have the wrong idea of what encoding that
particular file is in.  Or maybe the best answer is to skip any
files that fail conversion, without aborting the package install
entirely.  But we here on pgsql-bugs can't help you.

            regards, tom lane