Re: Document DateStyle effect on jsonpath string() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Document DateStyle effect on jsonpath string()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
> These JSON path functions are specified by the SQL standard, so they
> shouldn't depend on PostgreSQL-specific settings.  At least in new
> functionality we should avoid that, no?

Hmm ... but does the standard precisely define the output format?

Since these conversions are built on our own timestamp I/O code,
I rather imagine there is quite a lot of behavior there that's
not to be found in the standard.  That doesn't really trouble
me as long as the spec's behavior is a subset of it (i.e.,
reachable as long as you've got the right parameter settings).