createdb problem - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Lendvary Gyorgy
Subject createdb problem
Date
List pgsql-sql
I use postgres v6.4. My standard database is in /usr/local/pgsql/data
directory and the PGDATA environment variable points to this database
directory. But I'd like to create another database into another
directory. So I tried this:
killall postmaster
initdb --pgdata=/home/postgres/database    --that's OK
postmaster -i -D /home/postgres/database -S -o -F
createdb -D /home/postgres/database  gazmuvek   --that's not good
    the answer is:
ERROR: Unable to locate path '/home/postgres/database/gazmuvek'
                 This may be due to a missing environment variable in
the server
After this I tried to type another command:
createdb gazmuvek
It was successfull, but the database 'gazmuvek' was created into
$PGDATA. But it wasn't my desire. I need the database 'gazmuvek' in the
directory: /home/postgres/database!

What is the solution?

Thank you in advance!