Re: Corruption of files in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Purusothaman A
Subject Re: Corruption of files in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Tom Lane,

In my case, we upload/download files to/from postgresql.
And we don't change the content of the file after once loaded to postgresql.

But as days going, more files stored to postgresql and never change file content after that.
But download many times the stored files as per need.

What I am guessing from my situation is, postgresql is crossing boundaries of the file objects while accessing file objects. Because we simply use 2 api, lo_export() and lo_import(), for storing files and retriving the stored files, and never attempt to alter its contents.

And I am never able find any pattern to corrupt the file objects.

Regards,
Purusothaman A

On 6/2/07, Tom Lane < tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Paolo Bizzarri" < pibizza@gmail.com> writes:
> Any hint?

Please provide a reproducible test case ...

                        regards, tom lane