Re: first message: SELECT FROM

From Aílsom F. Heringer
Subject Re: first message: SELECT FROM
Date
List pgsql-general
Bill,
The collumn is defined as "Senha", and I am sending "SELECT Senha FROM
Usuarios".

Below, the table definition from SQL Pane:

CREATE TABLE usuarios
(
  "CdUsuario" character(6) NOT NULL,
  "NmUsuario" character(15) NOT NULL,
  "DtCadastro" timestamp without time zone NOT NULL DEFAULT now(),
  "StSuper" boolean DEFAULT false,
  "Senha" character(10),
  "MudarSenha" boolean DEFAULT true,
  "UltimoAcesso" timestamp without time zone,
  "Ativo" boolean DEFAULT true,
  CONSTRAINT "PkCdusuario" PRIMARY KEY ("CdUsuario")
)
WITHOUT OIDS;
ALTER TABLE usuarios OWNER TO postgres;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE usuarios TO postgres;

Ailsom

2008/2/2, Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>:
> On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 15:43:15 -0200
> "Aílsom F. Heringer" <ailsom@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > This is my first message, and I need some help. I have just installed
> > Postgresql 8.2. (Windows).
> >
> > At pgAdmin III Query, when I send SELECT * FROM USUARIOS, I get all
> > columns correctly. But when I try to get only one column, SELECT senha
> > FROM USUARIOS, I get the error message:
> >
> > ERROR: column "senha" does not exist
> > SQL state: 42703
> > Character: 8
> >
> > What is the problem ?
>
> The problem is that the column doesn't exist.  Just like the error message
> says.  Without some more information (such as the table definition) I can
> only speculate on exactly why that is the case, and my speculation is that
> you created the table with the column names in uppercase and pgAdmin
> preserved that.  PostgreSQL is case-sensative, so try matching the column
> name exactly and putting "" around it.  If that doesn't work, provide some
> more information in your question.
>
> -Bill

Aílsom F. Heringer
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil