Re: "variable not found in subplan target list" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "variable not found in subplan target list"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> So I'm back home and found a couple more weird errors in the log:

> ERROR:  mismatching PartitionPruneInfo found at part_prune_index 0
> DETALLE:  plan node relids (b 1), pruneinfo relids (b 36)

This one reproduces for me.

> select
>       pg_catalog.pg_stat_get_buf_fsync_backend() as c9
>     from
>       public.tenk2 as ref_0
>     where (ref_0.stringu2 is NULL)
>       and (EXISTS (
>         select  1 from fkpart5.fk1 as ref_1
>           where pg_catalog.current_date() < (select pg_catalog.max(filler3) from public.mcv_lists))) ;

> ERROR:  subplan "InitPlan 1 (returns $1)" was not initialized
> CONTEXTO:  parallel worker

Hmph, I couldn't reproduce that, not even with other settings of
debug_parallel_query.  Are you running it with non-default
planner parameters?

> select 1 as c0
> ERROR:  could not find commutator for operator 53286

I got a slightly different error:

ERROR:  missing support function 1(195306,195306) in opfamily 1976

where

regression=# select 195306::regtype;
  regtype
 int8alias1
(1 row)

So that one is related to the intentionally-somewhat-broken
int8 opclass configuration that equivclass.sql leaves behind.
I've always had mixed emotions about whether leaving that
set up that way was a good idea or not.  In principle nothing
really bad should happen, but it can lead to confusing errors
like this one.  Maybe it'd be better to roll that back?