Re: [INTERFACES] Vis Data ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Byron Nikolaidis
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Vis Data ODBC
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

Richard Reyes wrote:

> Hi all hope someone has an answer for me.
>
> I can connect to my database from my Win98 client and view the records but the
> Vis DAta app that comes with VBA complains that its in read only status.  I have
> full authority to the database and my hba.conf file is set to trusted.  and yes
> I did remove the read only check box from the ODBC driver DSN's.
>
> I'm using debian and one side note I can change and edit in pgaccess,
> I can not connect when  I change the auth mode to password or crypt so currently
> I have it set up as trust.

I think you need to select a "dynaset" recordset type.  The default is snapshot,
which is considered non-updateable by visdata.  Look at the left icons on the
toolbar.  If that doesn't work, you may also have to turn on the driver option
"Recognize unique indexes".

Byron