Re: [HACKERS] Re: [INTERFACES] using indexes with the OR clause - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From David Hartwig
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [INTERFACES] using indexes with the OR clause
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

Jose' Soares wrote:

> [...]
>
> ---------------xidint4.c-------------
> /*      Insight Distribution Systems - System V - Apr 1998i
> static char accntnum_c[] = "@(#)accntnum.c      1.1
> /sccs/sql/extend/s.accntnum.
> */
> #include <stdio.h>                  /* for sprintf() */
> #include <string.h>
> #include "postgres.h"
> #include "utils/palloc.h"
>
> bool xidint4_eq(int32 arg1, int32 arg2);
> bool xidint4_gt(int32 arg1, int32 arg2);
> bool xidint4_lt(int32 arg1, int32 arg2);
>
> bool xidint4_eq(int32 arg1, int32 arg2)
> {
>  return (arg1 == arg2);
> }
>
> bool xidint4_gt(int32 arg1, int32 arg2)
> {
>         return (arg1 > arg2);
> }
>
> bool xidint4_lt(int32 arg1, int32 arg2)
> {
>         return (arg1 < arg2);
> }
>
> --------------------xidint4.sql---------------------------
> create function xidint4_eq(xid,int4)
>   returns bool
>   as '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/contrib/xidint4.so'
>   language 'c';
>
> create function xidint4_gt(xid,int4)
>   returns bool
>   as '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/contrib/xidint4.so'
>   language 'c';
>
> create function xidint4_lt(xid,int4)
>   returns bool
>   as '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/contrib/xidint4.so'
>   language 'c';
>
> create operator = (
>         leftarg=xid,
>         rightarg=int4,
>         procedure=xidint4_eq,
>         commutator='=',
>         negator='<>',
>         restrict=eqsel,
>         join=eqjoinsel
>         );
>
> create operator < (
>         leftarg=xid,
>         rightarg=int4,
>         procedure=xidint4_lt,
>         commutator='<',
>         negator='>',
>         restrict=intltsel,
>         join=intltjoinsel
>         );
>
> create operator > (
>         leftarg=xid,
>         rightarg=int4,
>         procedure=xidint4_gt,
>         commutator='>',
>         negator='<',
>         restrict=intgtsel,
>         join=intgtjoinsel
>         );
>
> This script gives me this message for every operator it creates,
> NOTICE:  buffer leak [392] detected in BufferPoolCheckLeak()
> CREATE
>
> but at end seems that it works, I can query a table as:
>
> select xmin from attivita where xmin = 92017;
> select xmin from attivita where xmin > 92016;
> select xmin from attivita where xmin < 92018;
>
> But psqlodbc.log has still the message:
>
>     ERROR: Unable to find an ordering operator '<' for type xid

Hmmm...  Sound a bit strange.   Lets keep an eye on it.     Anyway, I have a
minimalist patch which is confined to SQL which accomplishes the same thing.
I just overload the int4 functions.   Works well.    If you use this patch, be
sure to DROP the other XID operators and functions that you just created to
remove any ambiguity.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

create function int4eq(xid,int4)
  returns bool