Re: [INTERFACES] Where can I get documentation on the using the JDBC interface? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From John Reilly
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Where can I get documentation on the using the JDBC interface?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Phil McGlauchlin wrote:
> I am trying to get the jdbc interface to work but I keep getting a
> SQLException "connection refused".

First of all, make sure you are running the postmaster with the "-i" option.

> Is this a userid/password problem? I first tried the url without a user,
> then with "postgres" and no password, and finally with a new user I created.
> I used the createuser command to create the user but I couldn't figure out
> how to set the password.

edit the pg_hba.conf to set the hosts that are allowed to access the db

To change user details like the password, use psql.  type "\h alter user"
for syntax details

John

John Reilly,            |  Phone: +353 1 6046006
Broadcom Eireann Research Ltd.,    |  Fax:   +353 1 6761532
Kestrel House,            |  Email: jr@broadcom.ie
Clanwilliam Place,        |
Dublin 2,  Ireland        |