Re: cpp preprocessor problem in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: cpp preprocessor problem in postgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I tried to make sense of your message about the need for "gcc -E -"
> in the autoconfigure results, but I couldn't get it to work.

v6.4 will do the right thing if cpp is missing, and will use gcc -E -
instead.

Do a "find" through the Makefiles and replace "cpp" with "gcc -E -" in
places where it is executed as a command:
 cd $(POSTGRESDIR) # the top level directory find . -name '*akefile' -exec grep cpp {} \; -print

then edit the files which are mentioned.

btw, I'm not sure why some versions of gcc are missing this. My rpm of
2.7.2.1 had it, but 2.7.2.3 did not. egcs seems to be missing it also,
so it looks like it may be a deprecated feature?
                   - Tom