Re: Just some unfinished stuff. - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Gerald Gryschuk
Subject Re: Just some unfinished stuff.
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> The configure/makefile builds the sources just fine. But "make install"
> fails when I try installing within the Postgres tree as the postgres su:
>
> golem$ make install
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 444 iodbc.h /usr/local/include/iodbc/iodbc.h
> /usr/bin/install: /usr/local/include/iodbc/iodbc.h: Permission denied
> make: *** [install-headers] Error 1
>
> Shouldn't this be going to somewhere in the Postgres tree? Or not done
> at all if the target isn't writable?

Me again. I just took a quick look at the Makefile set up and I'm at
a loss to see why this happened. So.. can you elaborate on what you
did and if your using my second set of configuration changes or
the first?

Is this an integrated make? Did you do the 'make install' from the
top level of the Postgres distribution? Did you run configure from
the top level? You get the idea. Oh and check the Makefle.global
in the odbc driver directory, the variable PSQLODBC should be
the location of your installed Postgres installation. To be on
the safe side please send me one line from your GNUmakefile.
Specifically, the install-headers target should have 3 lines for
actions to perform, they should all read similarly like follows,
    $(INSTALL) $(INSTLOPTS) iodbc.h $(HEADERDIR)/iodbc/iodbc.h

HEADERDIR gets set in the Makefile.global to $(PSQLODBC)/include and
PSQLODBC should have been set to the "detected" Postgres installation
directory.

Thanks
--
Gerald Gryschuk