Re: problems transfering databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: problems transfering databases
Date
List pgsql-general
Miroslav Koncar <miroslav.koncar@etk.ericsson.se> writes:
> 'sql:2001-08-21db.out:5: ERROR:  copy: line 1, Bad abstime external
> representation '\N
> psql:2001-08-21db.out:5: PQendcopy: resetting connection

Given the weird line-wrapping of the message, I'm going to bet that the
problem is that newlines in the dump file have gotten converted to DOS
format (ie, \n became \r\n), and COPY is unhappy because it sees the \r
as part of the data.  When it echoes the data it didn't like, the
presence of the \r messes up the format of the error message.

Not sure *how* that happened in a Linux-to-Solaris transfer, though;
what tool did you use to transfer the dump file?

            regards, tom lane