Re: NOT boolfield kills backend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: NOT boolfield kills backend
Date
Re: NOT boolfield kills backend  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hey Bruce! I've got some questions for the original topic, which was the
failure of

  select not b from t;

where b is a boolean type in table t.

It looks to me that the NOT_EXPR expression node is being constructed
correctly in the parser, but somewhere between the parser and the
executor (at ExecSeqScan()) it is being transformed into a deficient
OP_EXPR expression node. Any hints on other places where this query tree
might be getting transformed or manipulated? If I brute force substitute
the expression type to be NOT_EXPR in ExecEvalExpr() then the query
completes successfully:

postgres=> select not b from t1;
?column?
--------
(2 rows)

Hints are appreciated, or if this is touching on areas you are already
familiar with I can send my debugging patches...

                       - Tom