Serial Data Type Failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Hartwig
Subject Serial Data Type Failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom,

The following came from the most recient snapshot.   I know your away
for a few days.  I will give it a look-see if  I get time this weekend

CREATE TABLE foo (
        id serial primary key,
        name varchar(32)
);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence foo_id_seq for
SERIAL column foo.id
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index foo_pkey
for table foo
CREATE
-- This is good.   Thanks.

CREATE TABLE bar (
        id serial,
        name varchar(32)
);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence bar_id_key for
SERIAL column bar.id
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/UNIQUE will create implicit index bar_id_key for
table bar
ERROR:  Cannot create index: 'bar_id_key' already exists
-- This is bad.  Sorry.