Re: RETURNS TABLE function: ERROR: column reference "word" is ambiguous - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: RETURNS TABLE function: ERROR: column reference "word" is ambiguous
Date
List pgsql-general
On 08/10/2016 11:26 AM, Alexander Farber wrote:
> Both variants have worked for me, thanks
>
> I am using 9.5.3 on CentOS 7 (my "production server" and Win 7, Mac (my
> "dev machines") :)
>
> Where does RETURN NEXT EXPRESSION work, on 9.6?

Given what you are doing, RETURN TABLE it will not work there for the
same reason it does not work in 9.5:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-STATEMENTS-RETURNING

"If you declared the function with output parameters, write just RETURN
NEXT with no expression. On each execution, the current values of the
output parameter variable(s) will be saved for eventual return as a row
of the result. Note that you must declare the function as returning
SETOF record when there are multiple output parameters, or SETOF
sometype when there is just one output parameter of type sometype, in
order to create a set-returning function with output parameters."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com