Re: [SQL] SQL probs with phplib - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From David Hartwig
Subject Re: [SQL] SQL probs with phplib
Date
List pgsql-sql
Oliver Duke-Williams wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up phplib (release 5) for use with postgresql(6.3 I
> _think_ but pg_version is empty, and I can't see an actual version
> number anywhere... ), and having a couple of problems with the supplied
> file create_database.sql (originally written with mySQL in mind).
>
> Specifically, in the first table created:
>
> CREATE TABLE active_sessions (
>   sid varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
>   name varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
>   val text,
>   changed varchar(14) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
>   PRIMARY KEY (sid,name),
>   KEY changed (changed)
> );
>
> an error is reported:
>
> ERROR:  type name lookup of changed failed
>
> (In postgres, do I need to go though a 'create type' process here?)

Try

CREATE TABLE active_sessions (
  sid varchar(32) DEFAULT '',
  name varchar(32) DEFAULT '',
  val text,
  changed varchar(14) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (sid,name),
);

CREATE [UNIQUE] INDEX {index_name} ON active_sessions USING btree(changed);

-- NOT NULL is implied in a primary key

> and in the second table:
>
> CREATE TABLE auth_user (
>   uid varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
>   username varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
>   password varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
>   perms varchar(255),
>   PRIMARY KEY (uid),
>   UNIQUE k_username (username)
> );
>
> the following error is generated:
>
> ERROR:  parser: Syntax error at or near "k_username"
>
> (Will this need some additional command aling the lines of
> 'create unique index'?)

And:

CREATE TABLE auth_user (
  uid varchar(32) PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT '',
  username varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
  password varchar(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
  perms varchar(255)
);

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX username_k ON auth_user USING btree(username);

--  Though correct syntactically,  a DEFAULT for any key column rarely makes
good sense.

--

\h create table

-- at the psql prompt display allowable syntax