Re: [HACKERS] SIGSEGV in 'select * from pg_user' - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SIGSEGV in 'select * from pg_user'
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I've found the following SISGEV while playing around with a snapshot
> of September 3rd.
(did a fresh install with initdb)
> > select * from pg_shadow
> > select * from pg_user

I see the same thing with a fresh source tree on my linux box. Is this
normal?

Also, I've been working on a (small) test case, and have at least some
indication that the problem is not solely indices. I'll send a better
documented example in a bit, but at least the following one will result
in errors on a fresh install:

CREATE TABLE onek (
    unique1     int4,
    unique2     int4,
    two     int4,
    four        int4,
    ten     int4,
    twenty      int4,
    hundred     int4,
    thousand    int4,
    twothousand int4,
    fivethous   int4,
    tenthous    int4,
    odd     int4,
    even        int4,
    stringu1    name,
    stringu2    name,
    string4     name
);

COPY onek FROM
'/opt/postgres/current/src/test/regress/input/../data/onek.data';

create table k1 as select unique1, unique2 from onek;
copy k1 to '/opt/postgres/current/src/test/regress/k1.data';
delete from k1;
copy k1 from '/opt/postgres/current/src/test/regress/k1.data';
CREATE INDEX k1_unique1 ON k1 USING btree(unique1 int4_ops);
CREATE INDEX k1_unique2 ON k1 USING btree(unique2 int4_ops);
ERROR:  DefineIndex: k1 relation not found

If I leave out the "delete from" I don't get the errors. If I do these
steps, then do a new initdb and create k1 from the saved data file, then
I still see the error.

                     - Tom