Re: [HACKERS] LinuxPPC problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] LinuxPPC problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Here is current status.
>
>                         FreeBSD         LinuxPPC(-O0)   LinuxPPC(-O2)
>
>  constraints            GOOD            NG              NG
>  create_function1       GOOD            GOOD            GOOD
>  create_function2       GOOD            GOOD            GOOD
>  select_having          GOOD            GOOD            GOOD
>  select_views           GOOD            NG              NG
>  triggers               GOOD            GOOD            GOOD
>
> After Bruce's, fix 4 NGs in LinuxPPC(-O2) turned to GOOD. Also, -O0
> and -O2 now show same results. Excellent!  Thanks Bruce.

Ah, by Tatsuo's measures I'm getting similar results on Linux/i686 as he
is getting on Linux/PPC. I have failures on constraints and
select_index, but neither are core dumps, and both involve not finding
tables (probably index or index cache corruption on pg_class). The other
regression tests which fail are due to tables or information missing
from the tests listed by Tatsuo or myself.

btw, I'm pretty sure that the select_views problem pre-dates the OID and
index patches.

David made the recent observation that my symptoms are likely due to a
damaged index, not a damaged pg_class table. So indices (or something
related) are still suspect. Remember that at least one of my symptoms is
from a table which had been destroyed and then recreated. Don't know if
that is relevant...

The only thing I haven't done yet to refresh source code is to pull a
*completely new* cvs tree from postgresql.org. However, since I'm
getting the same results as Tatsuo I think CVSup is treating me OK, so
won't try that (yet).

Off to work now.

                       - Tom