Help with setting up table and importing data. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ronnie Doggart
Subject Help with setting up table and importing data.
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi All,

I am new to using Postgresql but use Oracle in work.

I want to set up a table with four fields, such as part-number,
description, cost, status. The cost field is the only numeric field. I
want to import the data to the table from a file which has the cost
stored as 73400 which represents $734.00, the decimal is implied. How
can I load this into a table where I have defined cost to be of type
money.

Regards
Ronnie Doggart