Re: [GENERAL] More details on Database corruption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [GENERAL] More details on Database corruption
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The problem is that the DEFAULT string is
> not the same length as the column.  Anyone know how to fix this?

I can put this on my list of things to look at, but I'm not sure why
this is causing the backend to crash. Is is a problem with storage
allocation when updating columns? Or is it a problem with storage which
is already corrupted by the zero-length default character strings?? I
would think that the default string is not looked at during the update,
so the damage happened during the initial insert, right?

                    - Tom