Re: [HACKERS] int8 type -- call for porting results! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] int8 type -- call for porting results!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Things were broken for int8 on SPARC/Linux, showing a regression test
> failure.
>
> Since making your suggested change (removing "&& defined(i386)") I'm
> getting a "pass" on the int8 tests.
>
> The platform is SPARCstation IPX, Redhat 4.2.
> PostgreSQL (latest CVS).
> GCC 2.7.2.1.

OK, great. Do you have a suggestion for a pre-defined compiler value I
can check? Is "sparc" or "__sparc" defined? On my machine I can run
  gcc -v
which tells me where to look for specs, and in that file is a line of
"predefines". I think that there is another way to check this, but I've
forgotten how.

I wonder if we can try enabling int8's for all gcc compilers? The only
machines that might break on are other 64-bit machines (like some
SGI's?).

                     - Tom