access Postgre database through JDBC driver from Netscape FastTrack3.0.1 machine - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Linda Chow
Subject access Postgre database through JDBC driver from Netscape FastTrack3.0.1 machine
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I would like to write a Java application on Netscape FastTrack3.01
server under Solaris. My Java application will access data or populate
data to a Postgre database installed
on a Linux machine running PostgreSQL server.

Here is a list of my questions before using Postgre database for my Java
application:

1. Does my Java application needs to go through JDBC driver
   to communicate with Postgre database?

2. Where can I obtain the JDBC driver that provides Postgre database
   APIs so that my Java application can refer to?

3. Do I need to install JDBC driver on my Netscape FastTrack3.0.1
   machine?

   If the answer is YES, where should I install JDBC driver
   on my Netscape FastTrack3.0.1 server machine?

4. What system configuration is required to connect my Java application
   running under Netscape FastTrack3.0.1 machine (client machine) to
   PostgreSQL server (database server)?

5. Is there a built-in SQL net layer provided by PostgreSQL server?
   SQL net is the interface that allows user's front-end application
   to access the database on Postgre server.

Your answer is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda Chow
Senior Java Engineer