Re: [HACKERS] OR clause status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Hartwig
Subject Re: [HACKERS] OR clause status
Date
Re: [HACKERS] OR clause status  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have worked with Vadim privately on the remaining OR clause index
> issues, and I am done.  Please start testing, everyone.

Ran a few tests last night.   So far, works great for single, non-internal,
attributes.  However, I was not able to get the query to use the table's oid
index when such an index existed.   Did a VACUUM ANALYZE before the query.
Will be doing some more testing over the next few days.

Have not tried any mult-part keys.  Will this patch handle a small number of
OR'ed multi-part keys?