OR clause status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject OR clause status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have worked with Vadim privately on the remaining OR clause index
issues, and I am done.  Please start testing, everyone.

The only open item is whether MergeJoin will try to use a multi-index OR
clause in a join, but I doubt anyone uses such things.  It would require
you to join a table as part of a join clause.

    select *
    from tab1, tab2
    where tab1.col1=2 or tab1.col1 = tab2.col2

I am going to study the optimizer code, then figure out whether this
could ever be broken with the new index usage.  I plan to complete this
in time for 6.4.