Re: PATCH: Choose best width for Data Output columns of Query tool - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From J.F. Oster
Subject Re: PATCH: Choose best width for Data Output columns of Query tool
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hello Dinesh,

DK> Could you change this like "event.CmdDown()
DK> || event.CtrlDown()" for supporting both Mac, as well non-mac
DK> keyboards.

Done.

DK> I believe, the column size should not exceed to the half of
DK> the available screen. But in this patch, the column size grows to
DK> end of the screen.

That is by design, as we have no reason to refuse to benefit of
user's wide screen if all other columns fit well. Also Dave's
observations were the same:
Tuesday, November 19, 2013, 1:08:17 PM, Dave Page wrote:
DP> (I would suggest that a column should
DP> never take up more than 50% of the visible space, unless that space
DP> would otherwise be unused (e.g. you have 1 very narrow column, and one
DP> large).

DK> And also suggesting to change the AutoColumns() function like below.

Sure, done.

Please see the fixed patch attached.

DK>> Thursday, November 21, 2013, 12:03:04 PM, you wrote:

DK>>> Hi,

DK>>> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM, J.F. Oster <jinfroster@mail.ru> wrote:
DK>>> Hello Dinesh,

SELECT '1', 'f'; ==>>>>> And then re-size the 1st

SELECT '1', 'f'; ==>>>>> column to the end of the screen.

--
Best regards,
 Vadim

Attachment