Missing SQL Syntax & Problem with Create Table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fredrick Meunier
Subject Missing SQL Syntax & Problem with Create Table
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
    I have a database design tool under windows, and it has a
feature where you can store varoius metadata about your database
in an ODBC database. I would like to use PostgreSQL as the
repository. The product goes and creates it's own schema in a
datasource, but has problems with the following DDL:

CREATE VIEW ALL_TEXT (TEXTIDTF,TEXTNSEG)
AS SELECT B.BLBJ,B.NSEG FROM BLBJ B WHERE B.BTYP = 1
ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR:  parser: parse error at or
near "("'

What are the chances of getting view creation syntax like the above
accepted?

The other problem is:
CREATE TABLE MPDREFR
( REFR int4 NOT NULL,
  SRCE int4 NOT NULL,
  TRGT int4 NOT NULL,
  LABL varchar(254) ,
  URUL int2 ,
  DRUL int2 ,
  MAND int2 ,
  CPRT int2 ,
  TOBJ int2 ,
  COBJ varchar(80) ,
  SOID int4 ,
  FKCN varchar(64) ,
  CMIN varchar(10) ,
  CMAX varchar(10) ,
  NGEN int2 )'
ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR:  create: system attribute
named "cmin"'

Can the system attribute limitation be removed, or can the system
attributes be renamed to not conflict with legal SQL92 column names?

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Fred
--
To have no errors