Problem with array of char - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stephane MONEGER
Subject Problem with array of char
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi!

I have a serious problem with PostgreSQL 6.3 concerning array of char...
I can create table with array of char2 for exemple, but not array of
char.
create table tab1(a char2[][]);  -> OK
create table tab2(a int2[][]);  -> OK
create table tab3(a char[][]);  -> error...

I can't find it as a known bug and this functionality was possible with
previous version of Postgresql.

Do you have an idea? A solution? I have very large tables and char[][]
is the only way I found to save values of 1 byte (as thin int are not
supported by PostgreSQL).

Thanks!

Stephane

                  Network Computing Technologies

                         Stéphane MONEGER
                    Information System Designer
                    Marimba Certified Consultant

NCTech                                       Phone :  +33  4 78 61 46 29
8, rue Hermann Frenkel                       Fax   :  +33  4 78 61 46 99
69007 LYON Cedex FRANCE                      Email :  smoneger@nctech.fr