Re: Windows now has fdatasync() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Windows now has fdatasync()
Date
Re: Windows now has fdatasync()  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2022 at 02:56:15PM +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> I propose that we drop support for Windows versions older than
>> 10/Server 2016 in the PostgreSQL 16 cycle,

Do we have any data on what people are actually using?

> Do you think that we could raise the minimum C standard on WIN32 to
> C11, at least for MSVC?

As long as the C11-isms are in MSVC-only code, it seems like this is
exactly equivalent to setting a minimum MSVC version.  I don't see
an objection-in-principle there, it's just a practical question of
how far back is reasonable to support MSVC versions.  (That's very
distinct from how far back we need the built code to run.)