Re: BUG #15207: In crash recovery, SyncDataDirectory() will fall into recursion trap - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #15207: In crash recovery, SyncDataDirectory() will fall into recursion trap
Date
List pgsql-bugs
=?utf-8?q?PG_Bug_reporting_form?= <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> I install the PG at location "D:\highgo\database\", then i create a table
> space with "create tablespace spacetest location 'D:\highgo\database\'"

This is pilot error isn't it?  It's certainly hard to see what would be
the value of making a tablespace pointing at the data directory itself.

Offhand, I think we do not support tablespaces that are physically inside
the data directory, either.

I think there's been some discussion of having CREATE TABLESPACE try to
detect and reject such cases.  But it would be easy enough to fool it
(through symlinks, variant path spellings, etc), that people haven't been
excited about adding such a check.

            regards, tom lane