Re: ExecRTCheckPerms() and many prunable partitions (checkAsUser) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ExecRTCheckPerms() and many prunable partitions (checkAsUser)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2023-Feb-20, Amit Langote wrote:
>> One more thing we could try is come up with a postgres_fdw test case,
>> because it uses the RelOptInfo.userid value for remote-costs-based
>> path size estimation.  But adding a test case to contrib module's
>> suite test a core planner change might seem strange, ;-).

> Maybe.  Perhaps adding it in a separate file there is okay?

There is plenty of stuff in contrib module tests that is really
there to test core-code behavior.  (You could indeed argue that
*all* of contrib is there for that purpose.)  If it's not
convenient to test something without an extension, just do it
and don't sweat about that.