Re: [HACKERS] StandbyRecoverPreparedTransactions recovers subtrans links incorrectly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] StandbyRecoverPreparedTransactions recovers subtrans links incorrectly
Date
Re: [HACKERS] StandbyRecoverPreparedTransactions recovers subtranslinks incorrectly  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> Also, when I fix that, it gets further but still crashes at the same
>> Assert in SubTransSetParent.  The proximate cause this time seems to be
>> that RecoverPreparedTransactions's calculation of overwriteOK is wrong:
>> it's computing that as "false", but in reality the subtrans link in
>> question has already been set.

> Not sure about that, investigating.

As a quick hack, I just hotwired RecoverPreparedTransactions to set
overwriteOK = true always, and with that and the SubTransSetParent
argument-order fix, HEAD passes the recovery tests.  Maybe we can
be smarter than that, but this might be a good short-term fix to get
the buildfarm green again.