Re: [PHP3] User Authentication Failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From engelbert gruber
Subject Re: [PHP3] User Authentication Failed
Date
List pgsql-general

Richard Lynch wrote:

> The PostgreSQL Glimpse mailing list search thing is down.
>
> I found some similar things in PHP's archives, but none that really seemed
> applicable.  I only know half the story, though, because my ISP is running
> PostgreSQL and compiling PHP for me, so it's hard to play around with
> options and such.
>
> All I can say for sure is:
>
> The php.cgi seems to work okay from the web, as far as phpinfo goes.

includes postgres support I assume

> psql -u chat works okay, and I've granted everything to user www, and
> verified that I can psql -u chat and use www as name and password and do a
> select.
>
> Is there something I need to do to "grant connect access" to user www?
> I can't seem to find such a beast...
>
> php.cgi -v reports version 3.0b6, but my ISP claimed it was an RC release...
>
> php.cgi is owned by my login name, and when it used to be owned by root, it
> had an even nastier error message about misconfiguration  :-)
>
> PostgreSQL is probably the most recent version, since it was just rebuilt,
> which is what caused the trouble.

maybe that causes the trouble when php was built with an older (6.2)
postgresand now tries to access 6.3.

couldn´t you build your own php and try to connect to pgsql ?

 engelbert gruber
 METASYS Datentechnik
  - innsbruck/austria/europe
 email : Engelbert.Gruber@metasys.co.at