Doing case-insensitive queries. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dana M. Epp
Subject Doing case-insensitive queries.
Date
List pgsql-sql
I am trying to query a database case-insenstively on a char() field, and
failing miserably. Could anyone direct me to some documentation that
properly explains how to accomplish such a task in PostgreSQL.

Items like ~* don't work when using the LIKE for me.

Here is my current code segment on how I am doing this query with case
sensitivity.

   $qstring = "select * from $database where vendor LIKE
\'\%$inqstring\%\' ; ";

   $result = $con->exec($qstring);

Can anyone tell me how I could query that without case-sensitivity?

--
Dana M. Epp
eppdm@netmaster.ca

NetMaster Networking Solutions, Inc.