Re: Issue with configuration parameter "require_auth" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Issue with configuration parameter "require_auth"
Date
List pgsql-general
"Gaisford, Phillip" <phillip.gaisford@hpe.com> writes:
> So what would a connection URI using require_auth properly look like? Here’s what I have been trying:

> url:
"postgres://postgres:postgres@localhost:5432/aioli?require_auth=password&application_name=aioli-controller&sslmode=disable&sslrootcert=",

Hm, that looks right (and behaves as-expected here).

What version of what client-side stack are you using?  For me, libpq 16
and up recognize this parameter, while older versions fail with

psql: error: invalid URI query parameter: "require_auth"

If you're using some other client driver, maybe it doesn't know this
parameter and guesses that it should be passed to the server.

            regards, tom lane