Re: [HACKERS] 64 bit version on Solaris 7... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 64 bit version on Solaris 7...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Matthew C. Aycock" <matt@mathcs.emory.edu> writes:
> I have been able to hack enough to get it to bulild and install, but when
> trying to connect with psql over unix domain socket, the server does not know
> that it is a local connection and says there is no pg_hba.conf entry.

Sounds like you need to trace through src/backend/libpq/hba.c and figure
out why it's failing to match the hba.conf entry.  Probably some silly
little bit of machine-dependent coding, but I don't see it offhand...
shouldn't be too hard to narrow it down with a debugger attached to the
postmaster process, however.