Re: "invalid page header in block 597621 of relation..."error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "invalid page header in block 597621 of relation..."error
Date
List pgsql-general
Adam Witney <awitney@sgul.ac.uk> writes:
> pg_dump: ERROR:  unexpected chunk number 5153 (expected 21) for toast value
> 245334402

> measured_bioassay_base is always inserted at the same time as mba_data_base
> (the table where I had the problem before) and it has a text field which is
> very large..

How large is "very large" ... on the order of 10Mb?  If so I'd say this
is the same problem as we saw in your table --- a lot of consecutive
rows have gone missing.  You could examine the toast table to confirm
or deny this.

            regards, tom lane