Re: Implicit conversion bugaboo in beta2? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Implicit conversion bugaboo in beta2?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> ERROR:  function lpad(character varying, bigint) does not exist

> (the above query worked fine in 7.3.4, as I recall)

Really?  I get

regression=# select lpad('xyz'::varchar, 4::int8);
ERROR:  Function lpad(character varying, bigint) does not exist
        Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument types
        You may need to add explicit typecasts

in 7.3.4, and the same spelled a tad differently in CVS tip ...

            regards, tom lane